MESPTO… Who are we?
We are parents, educators and administrators, joined together in our mission to support the education and enrichment of the children at Middleburgh Elementary by fostering positive relationships among the students, school, parents, teachers and community.
We do this by:
- Providing support for school-led events (Halloween Parade, picture days, Veterans Day Program, spelling bee & graduations).
- Offering assemblies with new perspectives, educational themes & fun activities for the students and faculty.
- Sponsoring events that bring our school community together (Family Movie Night, seasonal dances, Color Run).
- Purchasing items to alleviate financial burdens on the district and teachers (school supplies, snow sleds, playground equipment).
- Maintaining a positive communicative relationship with the school district & staff in order to better advocate for the students.
Outside of assisting with school-led events, some of the things we are considering this year are:
- Family Movie Nights
- School Spirit Holiday Tree
- Holiday Family Night
- Science Fair
- Staff AND Student Appreciation
- Color Run
How can you help?
Attend a Meeting! Our meetings are held monthly on Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m. Please like our Facebook page and sign up for alerts and emails for current details.
Lend a Hand When You Can! Even if you can’t make it to a meeting, volunteers are always welcome to assist with school-sponsored activities. Please contact one of our officers for more details about these opportunities.
Support Fundraisers! We are a nonprofit organization relying on community-wide fundraising to support our ideas and endeavors. Please watch for seasonal opportunities, and our MESPTO website.
Collect and Turn In Box Tops! Many teachers collect the box tops from grocery items to earn funds back from those companies. Even if your child’s teacher does not participate directly, please take the opportunity to support others who do. We also accept them in our mailbox in the school office.
Think of all we can do TOGETHER for our Little Knights!
Please feel free to contact one of our offices if you have any ideas, suggestions, or questions.
Thank you for supporting your Little Knights and MESPTO!