The school district is governed by a five-member Board of Education that is elected to three-year terms by the community every May.
The next school board vote is Tuesday, May 18, 2021
This year, voters will elect two members to the Board of Education to a three year term, commencing on July 1, 2021 and expiring on June 30, 2024 to succeed Pamela Standhart and Becky Binder, whose terms expire on June 30, 2021.
- Candidates interested in serving on the board can access nominating petitions through this link.
- Petitions must be signed by at least 25 qualified voters of the district and filed with the district clerk’s office by Monday, April 19.
Board of Education Members
Standing Board Committees/Representatives
Curriculum Committee Representatives:
Facility and Grounds Committee Reps:
Transportation Committee Reps:
Becky Binder and Vicki Hoerz
Budget and Finance Committee Reps:
Policy Development and Review:
Pamela Standhart and Vicki Hoerz
Schoharie County School Boards Association:
Process to Address Your Concerns
Despite our best efforts, there will be a time when something in the school district doesn’t work for you — a time when you question why something was done, or not done. When you find yourself in this situation, we ask that you work together with us by following the steps below in the process as established by our School Board.
- Discuss the issue with the teacher or guidance counselor at school, or the appropriate person in a department or program.
- Discuss the issue with the principal. If it is a school-wide concern, this becomes Step 1.
- Contact the Superintendent’s Office.
If you are unable to resolve your concern during any of the above steps, please request the person at that level to assist you in the process of moving to the next step. Board members may ask the Superintendent to discuss citizen concerns with the appropriate staff person.
Board of Education Meetings
Meetings are called to order at 5 p.m. and adjourn for an executive session; public session begins at approximately 6 p.m. All meetings are held in the Middleburgh Jr./Sr. High School Library unless otherwise noted.
Middleburgh Central Schools uses BoardDocs to host our Agendas, Supporting Documents, and Minutes for Board of Education meetings. Please click the BoardDocs link to access these documents for all meetings.
Meetings open at 5 p.m. and adjourn for an executive session; public session begins at approximately 6 p.m, unless noted differently. Locations may change based on Capital Project status.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020/ BOE Retreat/WebEx Conference Room, 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020/Reorganization & Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Auditorium
- Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2020/Regular Meeting/New location: Gymnasium (location changed due to Capital Project) Please enter building through the gym lobby. Parking is available in public lot behind Stewart’s.
- Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Auditorium
- Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2020/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Auditorium
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Auditorium
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Auditorium
- Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2020/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Library
- Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Library
- Friday, Feb. 5, 2021/Special Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Library, 6:00a.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2021/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Library
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Library
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Library
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021/Regular Meeting & BOCES Vote/Junior-Senior High School Library
Wednesday, May 5, 2021/Public Hearing: School Budget/Junior-Senior High School Library
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:00PM-9:00PM/Annual District Election
Junior-Senior High School Gym Lobby
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Library
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021/Regular Meeting/Junior-Senior High School Library
PLEASE NOTE: Meetings are open to the public. Adherence to all CDC/social distancing mandates will be followed. The use of masks is required and will be enforced. The health and safety of all visitors to our buildings remains our first priority. Thank you for your attention to this importance information.
Archives of Board of Education agendas and minutes can be found on the BoardDocs site. If you are looking for previous agendas or minutes that are not posted there, please contact the District Clerk at (518) 827-3625.