Middleburgh offers a Prek-12 program that is committed to the success of ALL students by emphasizing social and emotional well-being, high academic standards and a safe learning environment. The district supports equitable learning opportunities and access for every student no matter who they are, where they live, or where they come from.
Middleburgh Central Schools have been recognized as the fastest growing district for achievement in the Capital Region by the Albany Business Review. The district rose in the Business Review’s annual rankings by 25 spots to #39 overall, the largest jump in the region.
The Jr./Sr. High School and the Elementary School also jumped in the rankings as individual schools. The Jr./Sr. High School rose 39 spots to #24 overall, and the Elementary School rose 40 spots to #86 overall.
The following percentages are the number of students scoring at proficient levels (3 or 4) on the 2019 ELA and Math exams compared to the 2018 exams.
- Grade 3 ELA – 56% (up 6%, four percent higher than state average)
- Grade 3 Math – 57% (up 3%, two percent higher than state average)
- Grade 4 ELA – 45% (up 7%)
- Grade 4 Math – 53% (up 9%, three percent higher than state average)
- Grade 5 ELA – 58% (up 23%, twenty percent higher than state average)
- Grade 5 Math – 68% (up 7%, twenty two percent higher than state average)
- Grade 6 Math – 58% (up 18%, eleven percent higher than state average)
- Grade 7 Math – 40% (up 16%)
The district had a total average proficiency of 49% in Math, two percent higher than the state average. In the Elementary School, proficiency rates increased by 10% for Math and 9% for ELA! In comparison to Schoharie County as a whole, the district’s overall proficiency is six percent higher than the average.
Middleburgh’s Theory of Action
- We are committed to students and their learning
- We know the subjects we teach and how to teach those subjects to students
- We are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning
- We think systemically about our practice and learn continuously
- We are active members of our learning community