December 22, 2020 Sports Update
The New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) announces the cancellation of all 2021 Winter State Championships and the postponement of all high-risk sports until authorization is granted by state officials.
The New York State Department of Health has determined the following NYSPHSAA-endorsed sports to be high risk: basketball, competitive cheerleading, and wrestling. Low- and moderate-risk regular season sports continue to be permitted. The 2021 NYSPHSAA Spring State Championships remain scheduled at this time. Updates will be posted as soon as they are available.
We are still asking students to please fill out this sign-up sheet so we can gauge interest in the different sports so we can be prepared.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
The Middleburgh Central School District believes athletics are an integral part of a well-balanced educational program. That’s why the district supports a broad sports program with equal access for all students, with an emphasis on maximum participation, through interscholastic and intramural activity.
The Middleburgh Central School District offers 12 different interscholastic sports during the Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons.
- Girls Volleyball (modified, junior varsity, varsity)
- Golf (varsity)
- Boys Soccer (modified, junior varsity, varsity)
- Girls Soccer (modified, junior varsity, varsity)
- Boys Basketball (modified, junior varsity, varsity)
- Girls Basketball (modified, junior varsity, varsity)
- Bowling (varsity)
- Baseball (modified, varsity)
- Softball (modified, varsity)
- Boys Track (modified, varsity)
- Girls Track (modified, varsity)
- Tennis (varsity)