2020-21 Board of Education goals
The Board of Education will present annual school budgets that provide a quality instructional program.
- Educationally sound and fiscally responsible
- Pursuing and maximizing State and local aid, as well as grant opportunities
- Optimizing the use of shared services with other governmental entities where cost-effective.
The Board of Education will support equitable learning opportunities and access for every student no matter who they are, where they live or where they come from.
- Reduce performance gaps between subgroups
- Increase student participation in extracurricular activities
- Reduce performance gaps between male and female students
- Maximizing Federal and State COVID Relief Funds to positively address learning, schooling and program loss
The Board of Education is committed to the success of ALL students by emphasizing social and emotional well-being, high academic standards, and a safe learning environment (remotely and in-person).
- Continuously improve graduation rate up to 100%
- Increase acquisition of Advanced Diplomas to improve College and Career Readiness
- Increase proficiency rates on all 3-8 NYS exams including Science 4 and 8
The Board of Education will conduct its policy-setting and work sessions in an open, transparent manner while being accessible and proactive in its communication with the community. It will meet this goal by:
- Partnering with families and community members
- Improve and optimize communication with all stakeholders
- Educate and inform the public on school-funding, NYS regulations and contemporary educational issues