The Board of Education will present annual school budgets that provide a quality instructional program.
- Educationally sound and fiscally responsible
- Pursuing and maximizing state and local aid, as well as grant opportunities
- Optimizing the use of shared services with other governmental entities where cost-effective
The Board of Education will support the implementation and recommendations of the NYS Diagnostic Tool for School and District Effectiveness (DTSDE) Focus report.
- Strong and Collaborative Instructional Leadership
- Differentiated and engaging instruction that addresses gaps between what students know and need to learn
- Data- based, instructional decision making
The Board of Education is committed to the success of ALL students by emphasizing social and emotional well-being, high academic standards, and a safe learning environment.
- Continuously improve graduation rate up to and exceeding 90%
- Increase acquisition of Advanced Diplomas to improve College and Career Readiness
- Increase proficiency rates on all 3-8 NYS exams including Science 4 and 8
The Board of Education will conduct its policy-setting and work sessions in an open, transparent manner while being accessible and proactive in its communication with the community. It will meet this goal by:
- Partnering with families and community members
- Improving and optimizing communication with all stakeholders
- Educate and inform the public on school-funding, NYS regulations and contemporary educational issues