2020-21 Board of Education goals
The Board of Education will present annual school budgets that provide a quality instructional program.
- Educationally sound and fiscally responsible
- Pursuing and maximizing State and local aid, as well as grant opportunities
- Optimizing the use of shared services with other governmental entities where cost-effective.
The Board of Education will support equitable learning opportunities and access for every student no matter who they are, where they live or where they come from.
- Reduce performance gaps between subgroups
- Increase student participation in extracurricular activities
- Reduce performance gaps between male and female students
The Board of Education is committed to the success of ALL students by emphasizing social and emotional well-being, high academic standards, and a safe learning environment (remotely and in-person).
- Continuously improve graduation rate up to 100%
- Increase acquisition of Advanced Diplomas to improve College and Career Readiness
- Increase proficiency rates on all 3-8 NYS exams including Science 4 and 8
The Board of Education will conduct its policy-setting and work sessions in an open, transparent manner while being accessible and proactive in its communication with the community. It will meet this goal by:
- Partnering with families and community members
- Improve and optimize communication with all stakeholders
- Educate and inform the public on school-funding, NYS regulations and contemporary educational issues