To reduce the distraction in the classroom, MCS is adopting new policies for the 2023-24 year regarding the use of cell phones:
- Cell phone use will not be permitted during school hours. This includes study halls and in the hallways.
- Students should secure cell phones in their backpacks, lockers or store phones in the main office if they choose. They should be out of sight throughout the day.
- Students will be permitted to use their cell phones during their lunch periods:
- 7th and 8th Grade – 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- 9th and 10th Grade – 12:45 – 1:15 p.m.
- 11th and 12th Grade – 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- We ask that parents refrain from contacting students via their cell phones during the school day and only communicate during the lunch periods.
- Parents are always welcome to contact the school if there is an emergency or with questions. The main school number is 518-827-3600.
- Students may also use any school phone to contact their parents during the school day.