Dear MCS families,
After intensive deliberation and coordination with the Schoharie Department of Health and our COVID-19 crisis team, we have decided on the following measures to ensure everyone’s safety and well-being in the coming weeks:
- The Elementary School will reopen tomorrow, November 13 for in-person instruction Pre-K through 4th grade.
- Grades 5 and 6 will go fully remote starting Friday, November 13 until returning to everyday, in-person instruction on Monday, November 30th.
- Grades 7 through 12 will go fully remote starting Friday, November 13 until returning to hybrid model on Monday, November 30th.
- All out of district students will continue to attend their programs with transportation.
- CTE programs will continue with transportation.
- ALL remote learners wishing to pick up breakfast / lunch can do so at the Jr. Sr. High School between 9:00 and 11:00. We ask Parents and Guardians to notify main office at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have enough prepared. Folks can pick up more than one day at a time.
- Continued disinfection and cleaning in all buildings.
I would like to again thank everyone for their understanding and patience as we navigate and manage teaching and learning in the midst of this pandemic. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Superintendent of Schools