Pursuant to the governor’s Executive Order 202.26 regarding candidate petitions: There is no minimum number of signatures required on nominating petitions this year.
Candidates for the office of school board member on the Middleburgh Central School District’s Board of Education must, however, meet the qualification requirements set forth in Section 2102, Education Law, in addition to Middleburgh’s own requirements:
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to read and write
- A legal resident of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one(1) year prior to the election
- Cannot be an employee of the Middleburgh Central School District
- The only member of his/her family (that is, cannot be a member of the same household) on the Middleburgh Central School District Board
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office including, but not limited to, superintendent, clerk, tax collector, treasurer or librarian, or an employee of the board. However, a board member may be appointed clerk of the board and of the district
- Must not have been removed for a school district office within one (1) year preceding the date of appointment or election to the Board.
Candidates will be listed in alphabetical order on the absentee ballots.
Petitions must be submitted to the District Clerk at least 30 days before the Annual Meeting, by Monday, May 11, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Submissions may be sent via email at email@example.com or by mail at Kim Lawyer, Middleburgh CSD, PO Box 606, Middleburgh, NY 12122.