Did you know that our Middleburgh schools have a School-Based Health Center (SBHC)? The Middleburgh SBHC is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on days when school is in session. They also offer extended hours until 6 p.m. every third Tuesday of the month and are open in the summer during select times. Our SBHC provides health care services to students enrolled in the program right in the school. These services include:
- Complete physical examinations
- Health screenings
- Immunizations (including COVID-19 vaccine)
- Diagnosis and treatment of both acute and chronic illnesses
- Laboratory testing including rapid COVID-19 testing (for symptomatic patients), influenza testing, strep testing, blood work and more!
- Mental health services
- Dental services
Did you know?
- Families can still keep their primary care provider (PCP) and enroll in school-based health. The SBHC will work with the PCP to provide the best care for the child.
- If a child is home sick, they can still be seen in the SBHC.
The School-Based Health Center will bill students health insurance for all services provided, including physical examinations. No family will ever have to pay out-of-pocket for services provided at the SBHC. Families that do not have health insurance, or whose health insurance does not cover SBHC visits, can receive services at no charge. The SBHC can also help connect families with free or low-cost insurance.
For more information or to enroll a student, call the SBHC at (518) 827-3793. Classroom teachers can also send home an enrollment packet upon request from a student’s parent or guardian.