The Middleburgh School-Based Health Clinic operated by Bassett Healthcare Network (SBHC) is a pediatric clinic that is located inside the school building. The clinic is staffed with a nurse practitioner, an ambulatory office assistant, a registered nurse, a licensed social worker and a dental hygienist. The clinic can provide yearly physical/well child visits, acute/sick visits, as well as emergency room follow up visits and referrals to specialty departments if needed.
To be seen in the clinic, students need to be enrolled by a parent/guardian. Enrollment forms are available at the nurse’s office, Guidance office, or online here. Telehealth and in-person visits are available. To schedule an appointment, please call 518-827-3793 or 844-255-7242, Mon – Fri 8:00-4:00. The centers are open from 7:30 a.m to 4 p.m. on school days, with extended evening hours on the third Tuesday of each month. Here at the Middleburgh SBHC, we do our best to take the children from areas of their day when they will not miss important lessons or classes.
The SBHC does bill your insurance, if your child is covered. However, for any services that are provided in the Middleburgh SBH Clinic, you will not receive a co-pay or bill.
What services do the School Based Health Centers provide?
- Child Health Plus information and enrollment assistance
- COVID testing for any symptomatic student enrolled in the school-based health program
- Complete physical exams (may used for athletic eligibility, NYS mandates school physicals, camp, college, working papers)
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute (sore throats) and chronic (asthma, ADHD, obesity) illnesses
- First aid
- Health education
- Health screening (vision, hearing, scoliosis)
- Mental health screening and referrals
- Mental health counseling
- Oral screening and dental referrals
- Referral for emergency and medical specialist care
- Reproductive health care (includes reproductive health education, prescribing contraceptives and treatment of STDs)
Who are the School Based Health Center staff members?
Staff are all employees of Bassett Healthcare. At Middleburgh Central School, they include:
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner: Caroline Andrew
- Mental Health Counselor: Lisa Edmunds LCSW
- Collaborating Physician: Dr. Chris Kjolhede
- Medical Office Assistant: Brittney Hanford
- LPN: Sarah Gaida
- Dental Hygienist: Anna Padovani, RDH
- Registered Dietician: Olivia Gates
Policy Regarding Physicals
Having your student’s annual physical performed at SBHC offers the convenience of having the examination done at their school building. It is important to note that for SBHC to perform a physical, a parent or guardian must provide a signed written consent. This process ensures that parents and guardians are informed and have agreed to have the physical completed at SBHC. After you schedule your students’ exam, SBHC will send the written consent form home. The form must be signed and returned before SBHC can conduct a physical examination.
Information for high school seniors
If a senior has received college application forms and is in need of a physician’s signature and/or completion of the health history section, please submit the forms to the School-Based Health Center at the earliest convenience. The School-Based Health Center needs approximately one week to complete the form and verify immunization requirements.
Also, if a senior is in need of a physical exam in order to complete the form, please stop by and make an appointment.
The School-Based Health Center can ensure that all of vaccinations are up to date, including the often times required PPD (Mantoux or Tuberculosis test).
- New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entry/Attendance
- Center for Disease Control Vaccine Information Sheets
- American Academy of Pediatrics Vaccine Recommendations
- Bassett Healthcare SBHC Website
- Health Maintenance Record – 5 Years Old
- Health Maintenance Record – 6, 7 Years Old
- Health Maintenance Record – 8-10 Years Old
Since 2007, Middleburgh Central School District has offered School-Based Health Centers at the Elementary and Jr./Sr. High Schools. A partnership with Bassett Healthcare, the School-Based Health Center provides easy access to a full range of quality healthcare services to students in grades Pre-K through 12. Participation in the program is voluntary. Parents are welcome to accompany their child for their appointment.