Healthy Kids Learn
Middleburgh Central School District offers a School Based Health Center at the Elementary school as well as the Jr./Sr. High School. The center opened at the elementary school in September 2007 and at the Jr./Sr. High School in December 2007.
A partnership with Bassett Healthcare, the School Based Health Center provides easy access to a full range of quality healthcare services to students in grades Pre-K through 12. Participation in the program is voluntary. Only students who have been enrolled in the program by their parents will be able to receive services. Parents are welcome to accompany their child for appointment.
Enrollment forms are available at the nurse’s office, Guidance office, or online here.
To contact the School Based Health Center, call 518-827-3793.
What services do the School Based Health Centers provide?
- Complete physical exams (may used for athletic eligibility, NYS mandates school physicals, camp, college, working papers)
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute (sore throats) and chronic (asthma, ADHD, obesity) illnesses
- Health education
- Referral for emergency and medical specialist care
- Health screening (vision, hearing, scoliosis)
- Reproductive health care (includes reproductive health education, prescribing contraceptives and treatment of STDs)
- Oral screening and dental referrals
- First aid
- Mental health screening and referrals
- Mental health counseling
- Child Health Plus information and enrollment assistance
Who are the School Based Health Center staff members?
School Based Health Center staff are all employees of Bassett Healthcare. At Middleburgh Central School, they include:
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner: Hannah Pizza CPNP-PC
- Mental Health Counselor: Lisa Edmunds LCSW
- Collaborating Physician: Dr. Chris Kjolhede
- Ambulatory Office Assistant: Shelley VanBuren-Bradley
- LPN: Traci Nelson
- Dental Hygienist: Colleen Trendell, RDH
- Registered Dietician: Deborah Rodrigues, RD
Important Message for all Seniors
If a senior has received college application forms and is in need of a physician’s signature and/or completion of the health history section, please submit the forms to the School Based Health Center at the earliest convenience. The School Based Health Center needs approximately one week to complete the form and verify immunization requirements.
Also, if a senior is in need of a physical exam in order to complete the form, please stop by and make an appointment.
The School Based Health Center can ensure that all of vaccinations are up to date, including the often times required PPD (Mantoux or Tuberculosis test).
Important Vaccine Information for All Parents
- New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entry/Attendance
- Center for Disease Control Vaccine Information Sheets
- American Academy of Pediatrics Vaccine Recommendations
Summer Hours are in effect after High School Graduation. The School Based Health Center will be open at the Jr./Sr. High School from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays through July.
The School Based Health Center hours vary based on building and day and operate according to the regular school calendar and hours, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Elementary: Monday mornings, Tuesday all day, Wednesday afternoons and Friday mornings.
Jr./Sr. High School: Monday afternoons, Wednesday mornings, Thursday all day, and Friday afternoons.