Thank you to everyone that has helped with the planning for this school year. It has been an enormous undertaking and it has involved countless people. We will all need to be flexible and allow for changes to be made when necessary. Thank you also for reminding your children that building resiliency and adapting to change is essential in becoming a strong independent adult.
Here’s some important reminders as we continue to move forward with our school year and begin to bring students into our building:
Each morning between 6:30 and 7:15 a.m. , students need to attest to their daily health. An email will be sent out each morning and you can also complete the screening through www.msceducationonline.org. Students who are not screened prior to coming to school will be screened by a trained staff member prior to entering the building. To ensure all students are in class on time, please screen your child first thing in the morning.
Zoom IDs and Passwords:
Never share Zoom IDs and passwords on social media.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures:
- 5th/6th Grade Students who are taking the bus will meet Mrs. Coppolo at the rear of the building and walk to their designated entrance. Students will be screened before entering if they have not already completed the process
- 7th through 9th Grade Students who are taking the bus will enter through the cafeteria doors and be screened by Mrs. Loucks and Mrs. DeJong
- 10th throught 12th Grade students will enter through the gym lobby and be screened by Mrs. Grupinski and Mrs. Pacatte
- 5th through 8th walkers and drop-offs will enter through the front entrance doors near Stewards
- 9-12 walkers and drop-offs will enter through the main building doors
- The high school drive way will be a ONE WAY Exit – All traffic, except for busses, will be required to go up Baker Avenue, left onto Pool Lane and then left out of the driveway.
- No students will be allowed to enter the building before 7:50 a.m.
- In the event your family has a child in the both buildings, please plan on dropping off at the Jr. Sr. High School First before going to the Elementary School.
- Students will be dismissed at 2:45 p.m. Once buses are loaded and exiting, student pick-up will commence. No cars will be allowed to move past the buses until they are all exited the campus.
Please be patient as we refine the process. We will need a couple of weeks to evaluate the process and make necessary changes.
- Due to the capital project we currently have two bathrooms that are still under construction. Students will have access to bathrooms on the second floor, in the gym lobby and in the cafeteria.
- To reduce congestion in the hallways students will need to go to their classrooms prior to using the bathrooms.
- Teachers will allow one male and one female student out at a time.
- Bathrooms will be closed in between class periods.
This will continue through September and then we will reevaluate the plan.
- Beginning Sept. 15 all Middleburgh Remote Students and Hybrid Students can pick up their meals at the Jr./Sr. High School Cafeteria between 12:45 and 1:30 p.m. daily.
- All Middleburgh students are now eligible for free breakfast and munch meals through Dec. 31.
- Students will only be provided meals for days they are not in school.
- Full Remote Learners can take up to three days-worth of meals per visit.
- Student IDs will be needed when picking up meals.
- Middleburgh CSD is following the CDC guidelines and the recommendations about masks.
- Please know that neck gaiters and bandanas are discouraged. As such, if students are wearing them, they will be directed to the nurse who will provide the student with an approved mask and home/parent contact will be made.
- Students are required to wear masks at all time, except during approved mask breaks, in the cafeteria when seated and eating or if they are out doors and socially distanced.