Student Registration

Welcome to Middleburgh!

Middleburgh Central School District has a centralized registration process.  Registering your child for school begins with completing the Pre-K-12 Student Enrollment PacketAfter completing the forms please contact: 

Middleburgh Central School
Attn: Laurie McGeary, Registrar
291 Main Street, PO Box 850
Middleburgh, NY 12122
Phone: 518-827-3600, ext. 2601;  Fax: 518-827-5181

Please call the registrar to schedule an appointment. Registrar hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.  You must bring the following to your appointment:

Child’s Proof of Age (one of the following)

  • An original birth certificate with a raised seal;
  • A valid passport; or
  • A baptismal certificate.

Proof of Residency

Only children who actually reside within the district can attend school at Middleburgh Central School District. Parents/legal guardians of all new students must provide proper documentation to establish residency. It is necessary for you to provide at least one (1) acceptable form of proof:

  • Property Tax bill within 30 days
  • House deed
  • Mortgage Statement within 30 days
  • Current homeowner’s insurance
  • Utility bill within 30 days
  • Voter Registration
  • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies
  • Lease agreement (must be signed and notarized with the landlord’s name and phone number)
  • Current renter’s insurance

Health Information

  • Proof of a physical exam completed within the past year
  • Proof of immunization – Must be signed or stamped by a state licensed health care provider. Proof may be faxed to the school directly from the physician’s office.
  • A completed authorization to administer medication form if applicable

Additional Documentation

  • Prior school records and test results
  • Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable
  • Custodial or guardianship documents, if applicable
  • Evidence of custody of the child includes but is not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or affidavits of custody from parent(s) and/or persons in parental relation
  • Information related to a temporary living situation, if applicable
  • Documents related to any prior name changes, if applicable

Kindergarten Registration

Student registration for kindergarten is now open for the 2023-2024 school year.

Each year, children must be 5 years old on or before Dec. 1 to attend kindergarten in the fall.
Middleburgh Elementary School (MES) looks forward to working with you as your child prepares to begin his or her school journey. We recognize that success in kindergarten and throughout the elementary years is based on social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Regardless of a child’s entrance age, developmental ages and abilities vary considerably. With that in mind, each child who is preparing to enter kindergarten must go through a screening process. This gives our school staff insight on your child’s strengths and areas he or she may need support in as he or she transitions to school. Early awareness of these strengths and weaknesses helps us develop the best educational plan for your child. 


Student registration for pre-kindergarten (UPK 3 and UPK 4) is now open for the 2023-2024 school year.

For the UPK 3 and UPK 4 programs, children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before Dec. 1 and reside in the Middleburgh School District to be eligible. The program does not require income eligibility, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis once the registration packet has been completed.