Welcome to Middleburgh!
Registering your child for school begins with completing the Student Enrollment Packet. If you are registering your child for our prekindergarten program, please use the Prekindergarten Registration Packet. If you have any questions, including problems downloading or reading the registration packet, please contact the phone numbers below. After completing the forms, mail the information to:
Jr./Sr. High School Counseling Center (for grades 7-12)
291 Main Street, PO Box 850
Middleburgh, NY 12122
Phone: 518-827-3601 Fax: 518-827-5181
Middleburgh Elementary School Registrar Office (for grade PK-6)
245 Main Street
Middleburgh, NY 12122
Phone: 518-827-3677 Fax: 518-827-5321
Please call your respective school to schedule an appointment. You must bring the following to your appointment:
Child’s Proof of Age (one of the following)
- An original birth certificate with a raised seal;
- A valid passport; or
- A baptismal certificate.
Proof of Residency
Only children who actually reside within the district can attend school at Middleburgh Central School District. Parents/legal guardians of all new students must provide proper documentation to establish residency. It is necessary for you to provide at least one (1) acceptable form of proof:
- A statement by a third party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease or with whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) live; and/or
- Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in the school district.
The district may request alternative proof of residency, such as:
- A paystub;
- An income tax form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Membership documents based on residency (e.g., a library card);
- Voter registration document(s);
- An official state driver’s license, learner’s permit, or non-driver ID;
- A state or other government-issued identification; and/or
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies.
- Proof of a physical exam completed within the past year.
- Proof of immunization – Must be signed or stamped by a state licensed health care provider. Proof may be faxed to the school directly from the physician’s office.
- A completed authorization to administer medication form if applicable
- Prior school records and test results
- Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable
- Custodial or guardianship documents, if applicable
- Evidence of custody of the child includes but is not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or affidavits of custody from parent(s) and/or persons in parental relation
- Information related to a temporary living situation, if applicable
- Documents related to any prior name changes, if applicable