Welcome to Middleburgh!
MCSD is committed to providing registration information in ways that are accessible to all. The registration packet is offered through three options: as a series of fillable forms, a downloadable packet, or through pick-up at the registrar’s office.
Please note: each year, children must be 5 years old on or before Dec. 1 to attend kindergarten in the fall.
Option 1: Register using fillable forms
Health Exam Form (to be completed by your student’s medical provider)
Dental Health Certificate (to be completed by your student’s dental provider)
Medication Permission Form (to be completed by parent or guardian)
For this option, forms must be printed out after they are filled in.
Option 2: Download and print registration packet
For this option, forms are printed first and then filled in.
Option 3: Visit the registrar’s office
Parents and guardians are also welcome to pick up printed copies of all registration material at the Registrar’s Office between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
All three options contain the following components:
- Request for Student Records
- MCSD Registration Form
- Educational History
- Child Developmental and Medical History
- Health Examination Form
- Dental Health Certificate (Optional)
- Proof of Residency/Housing
- Home Language Questionnaire
- Technology Use Forms
- Transportation Form
- Student Handbook Signature Page
- Application for Free and Reduced-Price School Meals
After completing the registration packet and gathering the residency documents, the next step is to bring this information to the register’s office, which is located in the MCSD Jr./Sr. High School building, along with the child’s birth certificate with seal from court (not hospital) or certified copy, and health and immunization records. Students transferring to MCSD from another district must also provide their most recent report card or transfer notice, and any standardized test scores. After the packet is filled out completely, it can be delivered to:
Middleburgh Central School Registrar’s Office
Attn: Laurie McGeary, Registrar
291 Main Street, PO Box 850
Middleburgh, NY 12122
Note: Packets should not be emailed to the district but instead mailed or dropped off at the MSCD Jr./Sr. High School to ensure the greatest privacy protection of your student’s information.
After completing the forms please schedule an appointment with the registrar:
Laurie McGeary, Registrar, 518-827-3600, ext. 2601; Fax: 518-827-5181
Registrar hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. You must bring the following to your appointment:
Child’s Proof of Age (one of the following)
- An original birth certificate with a raised seal;
- A valid passport; or
- A baptismal certificate.
Proof of Residency
Only children who actually reside within the district can attend school at Middleburgh Central School District. Parents/legal guardians of all new students must provide proper documentation to establish residency. It is necessary for you to provide at least one (1) acceptable form of proof:
- Property Tax bill within 30 days
- House deed
- Mortgage Statement within 30 days
- Current homeowner’s insurance
- Utility bill within 30 days
- Voter Registration
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies
- Lease agreement (must be signed and notarized with the landlord’s name and phone number)
- Current renter’s insurance
- Proof of a physical exam completed within the past year
- Proof of immunization – Must be signed or stamped by a state licensed health care provider. Proof may be faxed to the school directly from the physician’s office.
- A completed authorization to administer medication form if applicable
- Prior school records and test results
- Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable
- Custodial or guardianship documents, if applicable
- Evidence of custody of the child includes but is not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or affidavits of custody from parent(s) and/or persons in parental relation
- Information related to a temporary living situation, if applicable
- Documents related to any prior name changes, if applicable
For additional information about registration or assistance, please contact Laurie McGeary at 518-827-3600, ext. 2601; Fax: 518-827-5181
Middleburgh Elementary School (MES) looks forward to working with you as your child prepares to begin his or her school journey. We recognize that success in kindergarten and throughout the elementary years is based on social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Regardless of a child’s entrance age, developmental ages and abilities vary considerably. With that in mind, each child who is preparing to enter kindergarten must go through a screening process. This gives our school staff insight on your child’s strengths and areas he or she may need support in as he or she transitions to school. Early awareness of these strengths and weaknesses helps us develop the best educational plan for your child.
Student registration for pre-kindergarten (UPK 3 and UPK 4) is now open for the 2023-2024 school year.
For the UPK 3 and UPK 4 programs, children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before Dec. 1 and reside in the Middleburgh School District to be eligible. The program does not require income eligibility, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis once the registration packet has been completed.