Welcome to Middleburgh!
Registering your child for school begins with completing the Student Enrollment Packet online. After completing the forms, mail the information to:
Middleburgh Central School
Attn: Laurie McGeary, Registrar
291 Main Street, PO Box 850
Middleburgh, NY 12122
Phone: 518-827-3600, ext. 2601; Fax: 518-827-5181
Please call the registrar to schedule an appointment. You must bring the following to your appointment:
Child’s Proof of Age (one of the following)
- An original birth certificate with a raised seal;
- A valid passport; or
- A baptismal certificate.
Proof of Residency
Only children who actually reside within the district can attend school at Middleburgh Central School District. Parents/legal guardians of all new students must provide proper documentation to establish residency. It is necessary for you to provide at least one (1) acceptable form of proof:
- A statement by a third party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease or with whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) live; and/or
- Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in the school district.
The district may request alternative proof of residency, such as:
- A paystub;
- An income tax form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Membership documents based on residency (e.g., a library card);
- Voter registration document(s);
- An official state driver’s license, learner’s permit, or non-driver ID;
- A state or other government-issued identification; and/or
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies.
- Proof of a physical exam completed within the past year.
- Proof of immunization – Must be signed or stamped by a state licensed health care provider. Proof may be faxed to the school directly from the physician’s office.
- A completed authorization to administer medication form if applicable
- Prior school records and test results
- Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable
- Custodial or guardianship documents, if applicable
- Evidence of custody of the child includes but is not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or affidavits of custody from parent(s) and/or persons in parental relation
- Information related to a temporary living situation, if applicable
- Documents related to any prior name changes, if applicable
Each year, children must be 5 years old on or before Dec. 1 to attend kindergarten in the fall.
Middleburgh Elementary School (MES) looks forward to working with you as your child prepares to begin his or her school journey. We recognize that success in kindergarten and throughout the elementary years is based on social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Regardless of a child’s entrance age, developmental ages and abilities vary considerably. With that in mind, each child who is preparing to enter kindergarten must go through a screening process. This gives our school staff insight on your child’s strengths and areas he or she may need support in as he or she transitions to school. Early awareness of these strengths and weaknesses helps us develop the best educational plan for your child.